Revision date 28.05.2019
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of MonaPink’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be emailed to [email protected]
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information Collected Automatically:
When you use our Website, we may collect information about you including:
- your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, for example, your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you use and related information; and your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit.
- your transactions with us, for example, the type of product you purchased and the costs of each product;
Information You Provide To Us:
- if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a form, making a purchase, or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you sign up for our newsletter on our Website, we collect your name and e-mail address.
- if you place an order with us, we collect the Personal Information that you provide to us such as your shipping, billing, and payment information. See the ‘Credit and Payment Card information’ section below to read more about how we and our partners handle your payment information;
- if you take the opportunity to review our products, participate in public forums associated with the Website or comment on our blog, we will collect Personal Information in any such reviews, posts or comments. Note that these will be public, therefore it is good practice to use care before posting information about yourself online.
Credit and Payment Information
MonaPink uses PayPal to process payments made for products purchased on our Website. MonaPink never sees your payment details as the payment form is stored off-site. For PayPal transactions we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
Additional Information We Collect:
From time to time, we may acquire additional information about our customers from third parties, such as the Postal Service and third parties that assist us in the provision of products and services requested by you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- improvement of products / services
- e-mail promotions
- market research
- legal, accounting or security requirements
MonaPink may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website. We never sell any Personal Information to a third-party provider.
Third-party services we use:
- Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our Website.
- We also may use other third-party providers including but not limited to Facebook advertising and analytical tools including FB Pixel to gather statistics which are aimed at helping us in our advertising efforts.
Transfers of Data
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
All our third-party providers outside the EEA participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and/or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. A list of Privacy Shield participants is maintained by the Department of Commerce and is available at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We only store the information for the necessary duration to perform a service to you and will securely delete it afterwards.
MonaPink makes every effort to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website. For example, for people who email us we use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
Information About Children
The Website is not intended for or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected], so that we may delete the information.
CONTROLLING YOUR DATA
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights to request access, correction, amendment or deletion of information we hold about you. You can do that by contacting MonaPink at [email protected]
On receipt of such request we will respond within 30 days. If we hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- if you would like, we will send you a copy of the information in an easy to read and popular to open format.
You can then let us know if any data we hold is incorrect and request amendment or deletion. Also, you can opt out from our newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included in every email or by contacting us as detailed above.